We work closely with WVU faculty members to coordinate large-scale, multidisciplinary research and outreach programs. Established in 1979 as the Energy Research Center, today the NRCCE works with more than 100 WVU faculty members and research professionals to conduct programs in:
- Fuel and Power
- Energy Efficiency
- Environmental Remediation
- Alternative Transportation Fuels
- Rural Water Infrastructure
We are dedicated to:
- Securing our nation’s energy needs, and
- Protecting our environment.
We create and disseminate knowledge and technologies on:
- The development, delivery, and use of clean, efficient, abundant energy, especially
fossil fuel-based energy.
- The delivery, use, and protection of water quality and quantity, especially related
to mining and industrial applications and for residential use in rural
- The protection of air quality through energy conservation and alternative transportation
- The management of solid waste, especially in industrial applications and in small,
- The reclamation of land affected by mining and industrial applications.
Organizationally, NRCCE reports to the WVU Energy Institute within the Office of
Research and assists with other University-wide programs, such as the NETL-Regional
We are a confederation of programs. Each program contributes to our vision of abundant energy and water resources, healthful environment and a robust economy.
Our unique collection of programs makes the NRCCE a valuable marketplace for solutions to America’s energy and environmental problems.