We provide quality chemical and environmental testing for your analytical needs.
Since 1993, the EI/NRCCE Analytical Laboratory has supported environmental and engineering
project analyses for academic, corporate, and government clientele. Our mission
is to provide high quality physical, biological, and chemical analytical testing
services to WVU faculty and external researchers.
- EPA Protocol-based
- ERA Proficiency-tested
- WVDEP Certified
Current facilities include
- ICP optical emission
- Ion chromatography
- LaChat flow injection analysis for nutrient and ion analysis
- Gas chromatography using flame ionization detection
In addition, the laboratory has access to modern analytical equipment for the analysis of coal and coal-derived products, such as:
- Elemental analyzer
- Proximate analyzer (TGA)
We provide testing services for groundwater, coal, biofuels, coal ash, soil, grain, fish tissue, sewage and wastewater.
Free estimates and consultation to determine your specific analytical needs are available upon request.
All analyses are performed observing relevant EPA Protocols.
Lab performance is checked through frequent ERA Proficiency Testing.
- Heavy Metals
- Acid Mine Metals
- Trace Metals
IC & LaChat:
- Sulfate, Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, Fluoride, Chloride, o-Phosphate, Bromide
- Gas Chromatography
Biological & General Chemistry:
- Total Coliforms & Fecal Coliforms
- pH, Alkalinity, Acidity, Conductivity
- Total Suspended, Total Dissolved, and Total Solids
Coal and Carbon Products Analysis Packages:
- Moisture, volatile and ash content
- Elemental analysis ( N, C, H, S and O)
- Watershed sampling
- Open Facility Tours
- Method Development
For estimates and free consultation, contact:
G22 NRCCE Building
PO Box 6064
Morgantown, WV 26506-6064